If you have made the decision to purchase class A motorhome insurance, this post will help you understand what this package includes. You will need the perfect RV insurance and the right amount of coverage to protect your investment. Here is an inside look at comprehending class a motorhome insurance easily.
RV insurance quotes vary from insurance company to insurance company. In order to find the perfect class A insurance coverage, you should contact your local agent, as we’re always happy to help answer any questions!
Common Recreational Vehicle Accidents That Can Be Avoided
- Trailers hitched incorrectly.
- Trailers running away.
- Drivers without considerable experience.
- Load imbalance.
- Poor wide turning.
- Not enough attention to blind spots.
- Rollover accidents.
What is the Average Class A RV Insurance Pricing?
Class A motorhomes are the largest size in their class of RV’s. RV’s can be upwards to around 40-feet long, sleeping 10 people and up. These recreational vehicles can cost upwards of $200,000. This will undoubtedly factor into how much you’ll be spending for class A recreational vehicle insurance. Factors include, but are not limited to:
- The RV price.
- The use of the vehicle: if you live in it full time or part time.
- Your location of living and where you plan to travel.
- Your driving history.
Your motorhome insurance rate can vary depending on if you are looking for a simple or conventional policy. Depending on the model of RV, you could pay as little as $500 per year. In other cases, the average cost is around $1,000 to $1,300 for any recreational vehicles being used at least 140 days out of the year.
How To Calculate How Much Class A Recreational Vehicle Insurance Will Cost
The type of motorhome coverage needed for your RV is determined solely by the insurance provider you are partnering up with. Some independent agents can help you find the best rates for your motorhome. Think of them as a one-stop shop for all your coverage needs.
Some of the coverage in typical motorhome insurance plans include the following:
- Liability coverage for any injuries/ property damages, and/or instances of being responsible for a motorhome accident.
- Coverage for collisions, some policies may even have low-branch protection for your collisions.
- Comprehensive coverage: if you lose any property to fires, thievery, and/or any other damages from non-collision events.
- Personal belongings (possibly has limitations on what is included in the policy).
- Roadside assistance.
Extra insurance coverage/accessories that you can shop around for:
- Completely losing the vehicle replacement.
- Medical coverages for injuries, and passenger injuries in any forms of accidents.
- Around the clock roadside assistance (24/7).
- Coverage for accessories.
- Personal belongings.
- Coverage for motorists whether uninsured or even under-insured.
- Full-time motorhome insurance depending on how much time is spent using the vehicle.
- Motorhome storage insurance coverage.
Working with a local insurance agent can help your decision-making process to meet requirements for your recreational motorhome coverage needs.
Compare Quotes on Class A Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Countless insurance companies offer a handful of price reductions. Commercials discussing bundling your motorhome with other policies, such as your homeowner insurance or auto insurance does reduce costs, as well.
Other discounts could be due to your age, your professional network, and possible military/veteran discounts apply. Just be sure to ask agencies about possible discounts when looking for motorhome insurance.
Look today for a local agent in Phoenix, Arizona that can help you find class A recreational vehicle insurance.